Due to COVID-19, the Y.E.S. Student Training Program
for FY2021 has been postponed until further notice.
If you have any questions, please contact
Tanya Chisholm at 912-964-3967 or Email.
Y.E.S. Student Operator Training Program
- Y.E.S. Program is a valuable work-based learning opportunity that will train, influence, and prepare students to become top performing employees for the GPA.
- Y.E.S. Program offers on-the-job training that gives students the necessary experience to meet GPA’s workforce needs.
- Y.E.S. Program helps students achieve their dreams and develop a world-class workforce for Georgia Ports.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- High school students who are not on the traditional four-year college/university track.
- High school students who want to start a career soon after graduation.
- Ready, determined and committed to complete the one-year training program.
- Students who have a drive and are career ready.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PROGRAM:
- High School Completion (2020—graduate)
- 18 years old
- Valid State Driver’s License (Required)
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Two Reference Letters
- Consideration Letter (Why you would like to be considered for the Y.E.S. Program)
- Students must contact and communicate with Counselors/Work-based Coordinators about the Y.E.S. Program
- Counselor/Work-based Coordinators will accept resumes starting—February 1, 2020 through March 31, 2020
Thank you for your interest in the GPA Internship Program. GPA has made a business decision to put a freeze on the Internship Program for FY 2020.