Y.E.S. Student Operator Training Program
Enhances the student’s employability by obtaining critical sought after work skills. Provides work-based training with a special emphasis on equipment operation and safety creating a pathway to connect and mentor with tenured employees
- Y.E.S. Program is a valuable work-based learning opportunity that will train, influence, and prepare students to become top performing employees for the GPA.
- Y.E.S. Program offers on-the-job training that gives students the necessary experience to meet GPA’s workforce needs.
- Y.E.S. Program helps students achieve their dreams and develop a world-class workforce for Georgia Ports.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- High school students who are not on the traditional four-year college/university track.
- High school students who want to start a career soon after graduation.
- Ready, determined and committed to complete the one-year training program.
- Students who have a drive and are career ready.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PROGRAM:
- High School Completion (2020—graduate)
- 18 years old
- Valid State Driver’s License (Required)
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Two Reference Letters
- Consideration Letter (Why you would like to be considered for the Y.E.S. Program)
- Students must contact and communicate with Counselors/Work-based Coordinators about the Y.E.S. Program
- Counselor/Work-based Coordinators will accept resumes starting—February 1, 2020 through March 31, 2020
The Georgia Ports Authority’s internship program is designed to provide traditional college students with the opportunity to gain supervised experience in a professional work setting. This is a paid internship program offered during the summer months. It allows college students the opportunity to work at one of the country’s premier seaports gaining insights into the logistics industry. The Georgia Ports Authority gains an opportunity to help the community by participating in the educational process and to identify candidates for potential future career opportunities.
We look for students with a variety of majors, such as Logistics, Marketing, Criminal Justice, Accounting, Engineering, Risk Management, Homeland Security, Computer Information Systems, Mass Communications, and more. The application period for the 2020 Summer Internship Program will begin November 1, 2019 thru February 28, 2020. Due to a high volume of applicants, individual status updates will not be provided. Applicants will be notified by telephone or email once individual statuses change.