The best people, for the best jobs.
What We Do
Support the Georgia Ports Authority's strategic goals and vision through: Open communication by creating a work environment in which initiative, teamwork and creativity are encouraged; Accountability and fair treatment of all employees with Respect and trust of one another.
We Strive To
- Promote and recruit the best qualified people while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the workplace.
- Provide competitive salary and benefit packages to attract the best candidates and retain our employees.
- Establish, administer and effectively communicate policies and practices that treat employees equally, while maintaining compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Seek and provide solutions that support and optimize the operating principles of the organization
The Application Process
- New positions are posted as they are needed. Postings are removed once we have received enough qualified applicants. Tip: Apply right away.
- All applications must be submitted online.
- You are NOT required to have a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) card to be considered for a position. You will be informed during the recruitment process if and when to purchase your TWIC for employment.
- Your application must be completed in order for you to be considered for the position.
- A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted and received.
- All applications are reviewed by a Human Resources representative for the necessary skills and qualifications to fill the position.
- We receive a large quality of applications, so the application review process may take some time. Please be patient with us as we review all applications.
- If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment with Human Resources to discuss the position. Tip: Do NOT contact us to schedule an interview. If you are being considered for the position we will initiate contact.
- The hiring manager evaluates all candidates interviewed for the position and then decides who is most qualified for the job.
- The candidate selected for the position will be notified by Human Resources and given instructions on how to proceed through the hiring process.
- All candidates will be notified once the final decision has been made. If you are not selected for the position, you will receive a notification via email or letter mailed to your address on file.
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, the GPA is unable to provide individual status updates. All applicants will be notified by email or telephone when individual statuses change.
HUMAN RESOURCES CONTACTS
|Lise Altman||Chief Human Resources Officer|
|Charles Pennington||General Manager of Human Resources|
|Tanya Chisholm||General Manager of Workforce Development & Training|
|Tiphani Lee||Manager of Human Resources|
|Pearl-Anne Brown||Assistant Manager of Recruitment|
|Eli Vandiver||Employee Relations Specialist|
|Erin McCune||Human Resources Generalist|
|Joe Gonzalez||Human Resources Generalist|
|Karsten Housey||Human Resources Generalist|
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS CONTACTS
|Tim Smith||Benefits Manager|
|Michael Taylor||Benefits Manager|
|Katie Britt||Assistant Manager of Benefits & Health|
|Doni Epstein||Benefits Coordinator|
|Panesia Kitchen||Benefits Coordinator|
CONTACT EMPLOYEE HEALTH SERVICES
Georgia Ports Authority
GPA Annex 1 | 82 Main Street | Garden City, GA 31408
Phone: (912) 964-3870
EMPLOYEE HEALTH SERVICES CONTACTS
|Joseph Darieng||Occupational Health Nurse|
|Laurie Johnston||Occupational Health Nurse|
|Tiffany Moxley||Occupational Health Nurse|
|Hope Life||Health Compliance Coordinator|
|Colleen Porter||Wellness Coordinator|
|Jacquelyn Smith||EHS Administrative Coordinator|