Join the Georgia Ports team
Become part of a world-class team at Georgia’s bustling ports, where we’ve been creating an environment of excellence, and setting the pace of global trade for more than 75 years.
At GPA, your work is more than a job, it’s a fulfilling experience with challenging and rewarding opportunities, a respectful working environment, competitive pay and benefits, and a high-performance culture.
As part of GPA’s Port Police force, you’ll be on the front line, protecting Georgia’s bustling port terminals, our local communities and the global supply chain.
Georgia Ports Authority recognizes that to fulfill our mission requires a diverse group of qualified employees. We maintain a comprehensive and competitive benefits program for our employees and their families to meet their health care and life needs. Our goal is to continually upgrade our benefit plan offerings so that we have the most competitive employee plan in the marketplace. Benefits begin upon the employee’s date of hirea
Medical and Prescription Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Generic Rx Onsite Clinic
GPA Benefits App
Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
Long Term Disability
Employee Health Services
Employee Assistance Program
- New positions are posted as they are needed. Postings are removed once we have received enough qualified applicants. Tip: Apply right away.
- All applications must be submitted online.
- You are NOT required to have a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) card to be considered for a position. You will be informed during the recruitment process if and when to purchase your TWIC for employment.
- Your application must be completed in order for you to be considered for the position.
- A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted and received.
- All applications are reviewed by a Human Resources representative for the necessary skills and qualifications to fill the position.
- We receive a large quality of applications, so the application review process may take some time. Please be patient with us as we review all applications.
- If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment with Human Resources to discuss the position. Tip: Do NOT contact us to schedule an interview. If you are being considered for the position we will initiate contact.
- The hiring manager evaluates all candidates interviewed for the position and then decides who is most qualified for the job.
- The candidate selected for the position will be notified by Human Resources and given instructions on how to proceed through the hiring process.
- All candidates will be notified once the final decision has been made. If you are not selected for the position, you will receive a notification via email or letter mailed to your address on file.